EMPLOYER: Child Evangelism Fellowship of Greater Richmond Chapter
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: Greater Richmond Local Committee and Virginia State Director
- Has a heart and calling for children’s ministry.
- Has a background in elementary education and Christian Children’s ministry.
- Has extensive knowledge of Scripture necessary to teach and effectively apply Bible stories to children.
- A demonstrated leader able to effectively recruit, train, guide, coach, and disciple staff and ministry workers such as Good News Club team leaders and CYIA Summer Missionaries.
- Able to build relationships with school administration necessary for CEF ministry to gain after-school access for Good News Clubs.
- Is accepting of guidance from supervisors and able to put their recommendations into measurable practice.
- Demonstrated ability to manage, lead, and disciple ministry staff.
- Committed to establishing and maintaining regular communication with the Local Committee.
- Able to problem solve finding alternate methods for achieving goals or completing assigned tasks when “road-blocks” arise.
- Has both the willingness and ability to raise funds to a minimum level of 75% of the projected annual compensation within the two years of hire date.
- Committed to becoming CMI Certified within first two (2) years of employment. Must be committed to spend several consecutive weeks at CEF HQ, field training, or online for CMI Certification.
- Is comfortable with public speaking and seeks out opportunities to address area church congregations.
- Committed to calling on senior pastors, youth pastors, and mission leaders to demonstrate how CEF of Greater Richmond can support their churches’ efforts to evangelize unsaved and unchurched children.
- Has excellent planning and time management skills.
- Has proficiency with MS Office and PowerPoint.
- Has a working knowledge of marketing techniques necessary to work with existing donors and to cultivate new donors and volunteers.
For more information please contact Robert Powers or call 540 589 3728.
The LOCAL COMMITTEE is a fellowship of Christians who have the responsibility and privilege of reaching the children in its geographic area, whether that is a city, county, or group of counties. It is a committee of the state board, having been organized and authorized by the state board to carry on the vision and programs of CEF within the framework of the USA Operations and Policy Manual.
The local committee’s planning and organizing is at the heart of this outreach to children in the U.S. It hires a Local Director, with the approval of the State Board, to carry out these responsibilities under the direct supervision of the state director.
Local committees also utilize subcommittees:
- Finance and Development
Purpose of a Board/Local Committee
Board and committee members provide vision and oversight to the ministry in the areas of finance, ministry programs, staffing and governance. They ensure that our ministry is spiritually strong before God and legally strong before men.
Board/Local Committee Membership Qualifications
- Must be born again and have the assurance of salvation.
- Willing to serve a minimum of three years.
- Should be willing to give a testimony of his salvation to the other members.
- Should be actively involved in a local church.
- Must have a good testimony at home, on the job, in his neighborhood and local church as reflected by both speech and conduct.
- Must be doctrinally sound, annually signing the Worker’s Compliance Agreement and willing to submit to a criminal background check as required by the Child Protection Policy.
- Should be interdenominational in spirit, i.e., willing to work with other believers in accordance with the Worker’s Compliance Agreement.
- Must believe both in the possibility and necessity of children being saved from sin by coming to a saving knowledge of Jesus Christ.
- Must be willing to regularly attend board/committee meetings.
- Must be a team player and function well in a group.
- Should feel called to serve in this manner.
- Must be willing to support the ministry of Child Evangelism Fellowship with time, talent, prayer, finances, and possessions.
- Should be willing to enthusiastically promote the ministry.
- Must be in agreement with the purpose of CEF and willing to follow the policies and procedures as outlined in this USA Operations & Policy Manual.